Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Another Gourmet Nutrition Recipe

Well as I continue to work my way through Gourmet Nutrition, i've found another great recipe! This time its the Fruity Cashew Quinoa (pronounced keen-wa). 

Pretty good stuff and its fairly simple to make. 
  • Add 1/2 cup of quinoa to 1 cup of boiling water or vegetable broth (although I recommend the broth for more flavor). 
  • Lower to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. 
  • While that is cooking, chop 1/2 an apple, 1/4 an orange (tiny bits) and 1/4 cup of cashews. 
  • After the quinoa has cooked for 10 minutes add the chopped fruit and cashews, turn off the heat and let sit for another 10 minutes. 
  • Then add 1 tsp of chopped cilantro at the end.
This goes great with chicken skewers (according to the book). I didn't have it with BBQ'd skewers as my 2-1/2 year old daughter Lucy was running around with me and she doesn't do well around BBQs. So I just had the quinoa. Good stuff, it would probably go good with a pineapple burger or some other tropical protein dish.

So to everybody who purchased this awesome cookbook, what's your favorite dish out of the book so far? You can post your reply here, on our Facebook page or head over to the forum bearcave.freeforums.org

Have a great Wednesday and enjoy the rest of this Bonus week of workouts!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment