Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What cures being sick and tired...

For the past 3 days i've had the flu. I don't know where I got it from, all I know is I've got it and it leaves me feeling pretty much exhausted!

This morning, my wonderful wife was perusing the internet and happen to come upon an article about cold symptom remedies. Now I am well aware that the flu is not the same as the common cold.

One thing the article did discuss however, was the effect of exercise on duration of a cold or the flu. The article stated that the inclusion of mild to moderate exercise during a cold would help to increase circulation of white blood cells to help fight off invaders.

I thought it was pretty interesting. So I came up with this little circuit for you guys to keep the flu from getting to you!

 Do each exercise for :45 seconds and then rest for the other :15. Perform all 10 exercises and its a 10 minute workout!!

Hip Crossover
  1. Plank
  2. Single Leg Squat Right Leg
  3. Single Leg Squat Left Leg
  4. Hip Cross Over (Lie on back, lift knees and feet in the air, put arms out to side and drop legs from side to side)
  5. Close Grip Pushups
  6. Wide Grip Pushups
  7. Forward Lunges
  8. Smurf Jacks (jumping jacks, but stay squatted as if ducking under a rail)
  9. Stick ups
  10. Mountain Climbers
If you're really in the mood to do some work, go through it twice!!

Have a Merry Christmas and a safe and healthy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment