Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Day Massacre

No doubt many people ate way too much yesterday. I did. Let me give you the rundown on my eatings so that you don't feel too bad.

Breakfast (7:00 am) - Half short stack of pancakes and 1 egg over medium, 2 cups of black coffee
Mid-Morning snack (10:30 am) - 1 cup of homemade granola (oats, raisins, almonds, honey) with 1/2 cup of milk
Lunch - No lunch
Afternoon Snack (2:30 pm) - 2 pumpkin-cranberry chocolate chip muffins, 2 glasses of 1/2 water-1/2 cranberry juice
Afternoon Snack 2 (3:15 pm) - i slice of pumpkin pie
Dinner (6:00pm) - 1 twice baked potato (1/2 the potato with mashed potatoes in the skin), 1 dinner roll, 1/2 cup of whole wheat stuffing (my step dad stuck some bacon in there), 6 asparagus stalks, medium goat cheese/cranberry salad w/ balsamic vinaigrette dressing and enough turkey to fill both of my hands, all washed down with water.
Dessert (7:30 pm) - 2 slices of pumpkin cheesecake

Now obviously you can see that I consumed way more calories in the evening than I did earlier in the day. This goes against what I have always preached to the group. We want our calories evenly spread throughout the day to minimize caloric overload at any point throughout the day.

So although my day was probably a C on the healthy scale, it does not mean that the next day has to be as bad. I will start today right up with a bowl of oatmeal, some blueberries and get ready to get some movement in. Not so that I can try to work off all of those calories I ate yesterday, but simply because I had one off-day and now its back on the wagon.

Thanksgiving does not have to be the diet and body changing massacre it is made out to be. Get back on the horse!! And to give you a quick boost, here's a quick 15 minute circuit.
  1. Plank 1:00
  2. Single Leg Squat x :45 each leg
  3. Push-ups :45
  4. Stick ups (back and arms against the wall, arms slide up and down) :45.
Rest for :45 then do it again, x 3.

See you all on Monday with a special surprise!

1 comment:

Aaron Gillies said...

Also guys, if you want to get these blog posts as soon as I make them, become a follower of this blog. Its easy to do. Just click on the follow button to the right and insert your email. You'll be set to go after that!!

Post a Comment