This week though is your time to recover both physically and psychologically. I've talked about it dozens of times in past blogs so I won't go into it too much. But your body needs a slight break. But not a complete "stop moving for a week" break. Rather some "active rest" is what is called for.
One thing we are going back to is rock climbing at Action Sports. We will meet Tuesday night from 6-8pm. If you've never been, it's a hoot! So give it a try, it's very safe and very well organized. You won't be disappointed!
On to the weeks nutrition and strength challenge!!
Circuit (aim for the fastest time possible) @=each side
- Close grip pushups x 12/20
- Single Leg Squat x 8/12 @
- Alternating leg drops (lie on your back, feet up, drop one leg and bring it back up) x 20/40
- Split Squats/Split jump x 20 each
- Stickups (back against wall, slide arms up and down against wall) x 15/20
- Smurf Jacks (jumping jacks but stay in a squat position) x 25/40
- Cross body mountain climbers x 12/20 @
- Jump Squats x 20/30 @
Nutrition - Refining eating habits are really not that difficult. Discipline and dedication are the two things required. With that said, here are 3 things you can do this week to really get things in order. None of them should come as a surprise, if you are already doing them, then keep doing them.
- Have protein (meat/dairy/tree nuts) with each meal. Protein helps to conserve muscle as well as improve satiety, meaning you will eat less to feel full.
- Have 1 homemade smoothie a day. Mix the following: 4 strawberries, half a banana, 1 vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup of blueberries and then hit "liquify." Smoothies can be made with just about any combination of fruits. Banana's go with just about anything.
- EAT BREAKFAST! I don't know how many people say they "just can't lose weight!" yet don't eat breakfast!! Eat something as simple as toast, peanut butter, and an apple. Throw in a glass of milk and you're off to tackle the day with a full gas tank!!